Can you believe we’ve reached the end of March already? Where has the time gone? Not only that, but we’re heading into the long Easter weekend. Do you have your meal ideas worked out? Check out this very delicious Perfect Picnic Potato Salad. It’s a quick contribution to a potluck (whether you’re picnicking or not)! The potatoes will need to be boiled, which puts a lot of steam into your kitchen. Remember to turn your range hood fan on at least 15 minutes prior to cooking, and leave it running about 15 minutes after you’ve finished cooking.
Have a wonderful Easter long weekend! Check out more of our great recipes.
Perfect Picnic Potato Salad
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 lbs nw baby potatoes, unpeeled
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook until potatoes are just tender. Drain.
- In a food processor (or with a blender or whisk), combine 3 Tbsp of the oil, egg, mustard, dill, vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper. Blend until well combined. Slowly add remaining oil in a steady stream. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
- Slice potatoes into quarters. Combine potatoes with celery and onion. Pour dressing over top and stir until combined.
- Garnish with chives. Check for seasoning. Refrigerate until needed.