Football season is a time of fun and friends, and what goes better with fun and friends than awesome snacks? Whether you’re already preparing your Super Bowl feast, or you just need some ideas for this season, we have a few ideas that won’t keep you stuck in the kitchen missing out on the fun and games all day. So, if you’re hosting a seasonal football party at your house and wondering what kind of cute and creative snacks you can provide for your guests, look no further!
Artichoke Roasted Garlic Dip
Creamy and delicious, this simple recipe can serve as either an appetizer or a pre-game snack. For those of you who love artichokes as much as we do, this recipe is the perfect solution for a creamy dip that can go with flat bread or any other kind of dip you like best.
Photo via spoonforkbacon.com
3 sheets whole wheat flatbread, cut into 1”x4” sticks
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 head garlic, top sliced off
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
8 ounces mascarpone, softened
1/3 c light mayonnaise
½ cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons hot sauce
2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Brush the strips of flatbread with the oil and sprinkle with the smoked paprika.
3. Line the strips onto two baking sheets (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown around the edges.
4. Set aside and allow to cool.
5. While the flatbread cools bring the temperature of the oven up to 375°F.
6. Place the head of garlic onto a small piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Loosely wrap the foil around the garlic and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the garlic cloves have softened completely and slightly browned.
8. Carefully squeeze the clove into a bowl and discard the peel.
9. Mash the cloves into a paste and stir in the remaining dip ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Stir the mixture until fully incorporated.
11. Scoop the dip into a 3 cup baking dish of your choice and set aside.
12. In a small bowl toss together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the dip filled ramekin.
13. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
14. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with whole wheat flatbread crisps.
Recipe via Spoon Fork Bacon
Ham and Swiss Sliders
If you’re a traditional sandwich type of person, this recipe is for you. Not your average cold cut, these mini sandwiches are the perfect solution for an afternoon lunch, and will warm the hearts and tummies of your guests, and keep them smiling for the rest of the day.
Photo Credit: chef-in-training.com
24 white dinner rolls, I LOVE King’s Hawaiian Rolls
24 pieces honey ham
24 small slices Swiss Cheese
⅓ cup mayonaise
⅓ cup miracle whip
POPPY SEED SAUCE
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1½ Tbsp. mustard
½ cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp. minced onion
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and miracle whip.
2. Cut Rolls in halves. Spread mayonaise-miracle whip mixture on each side of the roll. Place a piece of honey ham and Swiss cheese on one half of each roll. Fold back into sandwich form.
3. Place rolls close together in a greased 9×13 pan until pan in completely full.
4. Mix together all ingredients of Poppy Seed Sauce. Spread evenly over the tops of all the rolls. *NOTE* I did not use all the sauce. Let the rolls set until the butter has set up a bit. Cover with aluminum foil and Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
5. Rolls can be made a day ahead and stored in fridge until ready to bake.
Recipe via Chef-in-Training
Avocados are a national favorite, and there’s hardly a party in sight that doesn’t feature guacamole as one of the main events, but what if we experimented with other types of avocado recipes? One such recipe is hummus, and we’re positive that it will transform your parties and your life!
Photo Credit: thedecorfix.com
1 can white beans
½ tsp sea salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
1. Add all of the required ingredients to your blender or food processor.
2. Blend until smooth… EASY AS THAT!
Recipe via The Décor Fix
This recipe is a combines a traditional cheeseburger recipe with waffle fries or potato chips all mixed into one delicious bite. If you want delicious, mouth-watering options with minimal to no work, this is a great solution to the answer for which you’ve been looking.
Photo Credit: bhg.com
16 large frozen French-fried waffle-cut potatoes
1 pound ground beef or turkey
2 tsp grilling seasoning blend
4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or dill pickle slices
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Evenly space potatoes on baking sheet. Bake potatoes for 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Adjust oven racks and preheat broiler
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine meat and seasoning. Form into sixteen 1-ounce mini burgers (about 2 tablespoons). In a 12-inch skillet cook burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, turning burgers once halfway through cooking. Drain fat. Top each potato with a burger, cheese quarter, and tomato slice. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomato begins to brown. Serve with mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or pickles. Makes 16 snacks.
Recipe via Better Homes and Gardens
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Finally, what would a football party be without sweets to make it complete? This salty-sweet snack is quick, easy, and takes almost no effort on your part, but is sure to have your guests asking to take down the recipe before asking for seconds.
Photo Credit: chef-in-training.com
9 cups popped popcorn
20 Oreos, finely crushed
24 oz white vanilla almond bark
1. Melt white vanilla almond bark according to package directions until completely melted and smooth consistency.
2. Drizzle almond bark over popped popcorn.
3. Sprinkle finely crushed oreo crumbs throughout popcorn to evenly distribute.
4. Let almond bark set up and dig in!
Recipe via Chef-in-Training
These are just a few ideas to get your seasonal football festivities off to a great start. With minimal to no cooking, these recipes will keep your kitchen air fresh, and your dishes clean. Football season is a great opportunity for friends and family to gather over shared interests and have some great conversations among some delicious recipes. Please feel free to share your own favorite football season recipes in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!