This Apple Berry Crumble makes use of all the wonderful fall fruit available at many farmers’ markets. At the very least, you’ll be able to find everything you need for this recipe at your local grocery store. This crumble makes a yummy addition to both a formal and informal dessert table. Remember to turn the range hood fan on about 15 minutes before baking and leaving it on for about 15 minutes after the crumble comes out of the oven.
Apple Berry Crumble
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp butter, cold, unsalted
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1-1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together all crumble ingredients, except for the butter, in a bowl. Add the butter. Work the butter into the crumble mixture with your fingers. Set aside.
- For the filling: Combine flour with cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Toss apples, blueberries, and cranberries with cinnamon mixture. Pour honey over the fruit and combine. Transfer mixture to a 9×9 inch baking pan. Top evenly with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden and apples are tender. Cool before cutting.
Enjoy! Try some of our other recipes, too!