Now that the weekend has finally arrived, it’s time to break out the BBQ and grill up some healthy and delicious fare. Are you one of the lucky ones who has an outdoor kitchen all decked out with a full stove and range hood? If not, but you’re thinking of building one, check out these tips: Design Your Own Outdoor Kitchen.
Whether you’re prepared to grill indoors or outdoors, you’re going to love this simple and flavorful fish dish!
Gourmet Grilled Fish
- 1 1/2 lbs plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 4 fish fillets (salmon, pickerel, cod, etc)
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a pot. Simmer until plums are soft, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Pour plum mixture into blender and process until the mixture is slightly chunky.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Score skin side of fish.
- Combine mustard, fish sauce, honey, parsley, and chives. Stir in oil. Brush mixture over the fish.
- Grill fish skin side down for about 5 minutes with lid closed. Skin should crisp up. Carefully flip fish over. Grill for another 5 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flaky. Serve with sauce.