Were you an early convert to the stainless steel look? Full disclosure: I wasn’t. It’s taken me a while, but I have to say I’ve really come around. I do love the look now. I love how clean it looks, and I love how stainless steel works really well with any other material or color in the kitchen.
When they first came onto the scene, stainless steel fixtures and appliances lived at the high end of the price spectrum. Now that so many manufacturers have jumped in and are producing stainless steel models, the price has come down a bit. Here at Range Hoods Inc, we carry a lot of stainless steel range hood models … many of which are on sale right now … go check them out!
But, if you’re still sitting on the fence wondering whether you should invest in a stainless steel range hood, or whether you should opt for something else, I thought I’d list some pros and cons to help you make your decision.
- Like I said, stainless steel works well with any kitchen design style – modern or traditional.
- It lends any kitchen a kind of high-end, upscale look, which can increase your home’s selling value.
- Although still on the expensive side, the price has come down considerably since they were first introduced.
- Stainless steel is sturdy and rust-resistant. In other words, a stainless steel range will look great for many years to come.
- Stainless steel can show fingerprints, dust, and grime.
- Stainless steel range hoods do cost more than those made from other materials.
- Not all stainless steel is magnetic. This isn’t a huge problem with range hoods. But, it can be if you’re thinking of matching your fridge, stove, and other appliances.
Are you a fan of stainless steel? Let us know!