Yes, you did read that correctly. These ribs are indeed called “The Best” slow cooker ribs. That’s quite the claim, right? Truth be told, all of you slow cooker experts probably have “the best” slow cooker ribs recipe. At the very least, it’s probably one that your family and friends rave about. That’s good enough for me.
I believe that that there’s room in this world for more than one “best” slow cooker ribs recipe. Go ahead and give this one a try, even if you have your own personal favorite. Maybe this recipe will become your go-to!
Don’t forget to keep the range hood fan on while the slow cooker is bubbling away. These ribs have an awesome aroma. But, you probably don’t want to smell it in your furniture, your clothes, the walls … you get the picture!
Slow Cooker Ribs
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 racks (about 4 lbs) pork back ribs
- 1 bottle (about 1-1/3 cups) beer (hint: the more flavorful the beer, the better the rib sauce!) You can also use the same quantity of beef or chicken broth, if you’d like.
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tsp steak spice rub (use your favorite brand)
- Cut each rack into thirds. Place ribs in slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine beer, bay leaves, and steak spice rub. Pour the beer mixture over the ribs.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on Low for 6 hours or until meat is tender (but NOT falling off the bone!).
- Remove ribs. (Careful, they’re hot!) Discard liquid. Shred to use in sandwiches or enjoy as is.
Find more delicious slow cooker recipes here.