Even though these scrumptious shrimp tostadas cook up very quickly, don’t forget to turn on the range hood fan. The fan will draw up all of the grease, odors, and smoke that even quick cooking can produce.
Find more great recipes in our Recipe Collection.
- 1 lb raw deveined large shrimp, talks removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Shredded lettuce
- 35 round or triangle tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Toss the shrimp with salt, chipotle powder, and lime juice. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan set over high heat. Fry shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Top each chip with a spoonful of guacamole, shredded lettuce, cilantro, and 1 shrimp.
Looking for a quick appetizer to serve before your fabulous Thanksgiving dinner? This one is it! These Prosciutto and Apricot Sticks are so tasty that it will be hard to stop at just one. There are so many ways to customize this app according to the ingredients you have on hand in the fridge.
If you don’t have prosciutto, use whatever sliced meat you do have. No apricot jam? No problem. Use jam of a different fruit or even honey. Missing bread sticks? Reach for crackers.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours. We hope you have a wonderful and delicious feast!
Prosciutto and Apricot Sticks
- 24 bread sticks
- 4 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 24 slices prosciutto
- Heat jam in a small saucepan set over low heat. Stir in mustard. Once the jam-mustard mixture has melted, let cool slightly.
- Brush each slice of prosciutto with a little of the apricot mixture. Wrap the slice around the bread stick as tightly as possible.
Enjoy! Find more Thanksgiving recipes here.