I know, I know… after a long weekend full of great food and over eating, the last thing we all need is another opportunity to over eat. But, this lasagna recipe is so good!
Remember to turn your range hood fan on when you start making this very delectable dish, and leave it running for about 15 minutes after you turn the oven off.
Check other tasty recipe in our Recipe Collection.
The Best Cheese Lasagna
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tb flour
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped finely + 1 extra Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 200g instant lasagne sheets
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk a quarter cup at a time, stirring constantly. Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- Remove sauce from heat and add 1 Tbsp basil, all the ricotta, and half the Parmesan. Adjust seasoning.
- Grease an ovenproof 12″x16″ lasagna pan. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of ricotta mixture on the bottom of the pan. Lay one layer of lasagne sheets on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with a little of the Parmesan and basil. Continue to layer with lasagne sheets, Parmesan, a little of the ricotta mixture, and basil. Top the last layer of lasagne sheets with the remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- Bak at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the lasagne sheets are tender.